SiteGround is one of the most reputed and major players in the web hosting industry. They have been tagged as one of the most reliable and feature-rich WordPress hosting platforms. We are an avid user of SiteGround hosting for more than 5 years now and so what we have personally experienced is that the company offers an intriguing combination of premium and affordable plans. Unlimited bandwidth along with a great set of toolkit & utilities makes it very much easier to set up and maintain our multiple websites under a single wholesome plan.
EASE OF USE
SiteGround was formed in 2004 and headquartered in Sofia, Bulgaria with 6 offices and data centers across 3 continents. SiteGround is an official ‘WordPress.org’ recommended web hosting provider. This was the reason why we tried SiteGround for the very first time and thank god we did! It is a very good option for both beginner and experts alike, although the experience varies much on the personal skill level. Free website builder, easy CMS integration & automated WordPress transfer seems simple but would remove major hassle in website migration as well. Additionally, free SSL certification, website staging feature, and building your own Git repository & connection with a single click serves pro features at your disposal.
We have undergone several tests and SiteGround performed quite consistently awesome. A 100% uptime is always preferable, but realistically, most services encounter a fraction of downtime for updates or maintenance. SiteGround performed incredibly well in sustaining its uptime above 99.99% every time while experiencing minimal service outages. Adding cherry on the cake, their SuperCacher tool has helped fasten the site loading times to around 680ms, and on average were very responsive.
what is siteground used for?
SiteGround’s commitment towards offering an unbeatable service makes me recommend it without a pause. It’s suitable for all the serious projects you can think of and if your needs leap up the lane, you can upgrade to one of its premium hosting plans (a dedicated one) as well. I especially recommend it for
- Online stores
- Websites running on WordPress
- Large corporate websites
- Professional bloggers
- High end developers or designers who want quality and good support
- Anyone wishing for high performing solutions to their business
When Not to Use SiteGround Hosting?
Even though SiteGround fulfills almost all the requirements and profiles online, even though it may not be the best option to consider in some cases, for example:
- If you’re looking for cheap & budget friendly hosting
- If you need a lot of webspace but with a considerable smaller budget
- If your task can be done with Windows-based servers
- Most reliable & the only WordPress recommended hosting provider
- Impeccable site loading speed of 673ms (Feb 2018 to Jan 2020 average)
- Guaranteed Uptime of 99.99% (Feb 2018 to Jan 2020 average)
- Distributed storage running on SSD disks for an optimal speed and a high-level of redundancy
- Solves all your queries through their 24/7 Live Chat support system
- Supports more than 500 applications
- Unmetered bandwidth with 10 GB storage
- Free email service with every plan
- Provides Shared, WordPress based, Cloud based, Dedicated servers, Reseller and Enterprise profile of hosting services
- Operates on Google Cloud which helps create a powerful and technically superior hosting service from the competition
- Exceptional Customer service available 24/7 round the clock. And believe me, it seems as if the help center agents are always eager to help
- Every plan comes with free CloudFlare account that lets you enable a CDN (Content Delivery Network) for your site. This in turn increases your site speed by distributing its access across servers all around the world and enabling users to connect with the servers closest to them
- Quick and easy website building is provided which enables you to just click and go
- Hosting site is built on Google Cloud and uses an ultra-fast network. This makes the whole process of website building a lot ease
- SiteGround manages the security of your sites to a great extent. They keep your data safe and provide daily backups as well
- Ecommerce features included with easy to use one-click 18 different applications including Magento, PrestaShop & OpenCart
- Every plan of SiteGround includes WordPress installation
- SiteGround’s free website transfer service would be a blessing for someone not so experienced developer
- Trustworthy email service where you may create an unlimited number of email accounts with your own domain
siteground plans & pricing
SiteGround offers a wide range of Plans and Pricing freedom to choose from. Broadly speaking, the hosting plans are categorized in 4 broad categories and subsequent 3 sub-categories each. Let us see in brief what these plans have to offer.
When browsing through all the different hosting options & plans available, you will find all the necessary information you need to make the right decision for you.
siteground shared web hosting
siteground wordpress hosting
siteground woocommerce hosting
siteground managed cloud hosting
Grow-Big Plan is Good for you if...
- You wish to host multiple websites
- You wish for 20GB storage rather than 10GB that comes with the Startup plan
- You wish to have more server resources (faster websites)
- You wish to have 30 daily backups instead of only 1 you get with StartUp
- You wish to have your email storage to be 2000MB instead of 1000MB with Startup plan
- You wish to have free wildcard SSL for whole 1 year (which secures the ecommerce site’s subdomains)
- Your website has a foot-fall of less than 25,000/month and does not require a lot of resources
- You wish to use the SiteGround’s 1-click site backup and restore tool for your website
You may want to have Go-Greek plan if…
- You wish to have Staging so as to test your designs/coding profile on a demo site
- You wish to have a semi-dedicated hosting especially with more server resources
- You wish to have a priority support resolution by SiteGround within 10 minutes
- You wish to have a free backup & restore service as and when required quickly
- You wish to have PCI compliance for your ecommerce site so as to prevent credit card frauds
pros & cons
our verdict on siteground hosting
I have tried to be completely honest and accurate with this review of SiteGround, but if all of this appears to be a promotion for SiteGround, it is because we have been using it ourselves for more than 5 years now and can feel how smooth everything came along all those years. The technical support is undoubtedly one of the best things offered by SiteGround, and that makes everything – from pre-sales to technical resolution – as smooth as butter!
For both beginners and experts alike, having SSL certificates, automated backups and several pro features like Staging servers, MySQL databases and PHP inclusion makes SiteGround a top choice. While the pricing is on the higher end of the horizon, SiteGround still ranks first and thus trusted by Clients and Industry experts alike.
So, if you are planning to startup fresh or shifting base for your online venture, trust our word and just try SiteGround for once. There’s no point not liking it! Thank me later 😉