Bluehost is one of the oldest web hosts dating back to 1996 as a free hosting company called 0catch.com. It was founded by Matt Heaton who renamed it as the present day ‘Bluehost’ in 2003. Since their very inception, Bluehost currently host over 2 million websites all over the world and has become a largest brand name when it comes to WordPress hosting. They are an official “wordpress.org” recommended hosting provider since 2005.
EASE OF USE
After over more than 23 years in the business, Bluehost has nurtured itself in becoming the industry heavyweight champion. It is tuned for the WordPress users in a great way with WordPress-centric dashboards and tools with 1-click installation, Email, FTP, FREE domain name, FREE SSL certification and much more. Easily backed and managed by legendary 24/7 live chat support system, plans starting at $3.95/month & 30-Days money back guarantee are some of the key features worth mentioning.
Struggling with not having enough traffic on your website?
No worries! Bluehost provides an additional SEO services, Social media marketing, Graphic designing, local business listings & Content creation as well. These varied fulfillment scenarios of serving everyone is what makes Bluehost stand out from the heard. Starting from new bloggers to an established e-commerce company owner, Bluehost has something for everyone. No wonder it is one of the three hosting companies endorsed by WordPress.
We have tried Bluehost for years and all we can infer is that it is a versatile hosting service company offering varied advantages for both beginners and advanced users alike. Weebly drag-and-drop website builder + 1-Click WordPress integration makes it a lot easier to start rolling quick. For more advanced WordPress needs, Bluehost’s WP Pro service offers All-in-one marketing center with several crucial marketing tools for blazing site speed performance.
what makes bluehost stand out?
There are a ton of hosting solution companies out there in the market. But what makes the Bluehost stand out of the heard? Let’s dig in to find out –
More than shared hosting:Bluehost provides nearly every kind of web hosting service which includes some advanced version of hosting like VPS, Managed WordPress hosting & Dedicated server.
The “managed” part here simply means they would handle all the technical part of the business themselves; you do not have to do those manually. Some of the automated functions include real-time plugin updation, updating the core, performance optimization, handling in-line security and much more
One-stop-shop for small business owners:
Digital marketing services can bury you with a hefty bill of their own. There’s a plenty of false claims and pretenses floating in the market and falling for them being a new business is very easy-peasy. To save the new entrants with all those flashy hoarding bearers, Bluehost zipped all the necessary tools and features and bundle it within their core part.
– Website builder: With the inclusion of easy Drag-and-drop site builder, you can very easily build the website of your choice or you can even get the pro designers at Bluehost to build the website for you.
– Basic SEO & marketing package: Bluehost provides professional marketing services including SEO, content creation, Social media marketing are some to count. Additionally, you can get monthly consultation and projected ROI of your business.
– Helpful tutorials: Bluehost is full of the helpful hands-on tutorials where a new website owner can rely and learn by themselves about website management, general queries, technical jargons, marketing topics and much more.
- One-stop-shop for small businesses
- Bluehost offers one of the best overall Shared Hosting
- Easy-to-use customized cPanel
- Great website speed of 405 ms (average from Feb 2018 – Jan 2020)
- Offers the industry best Uptime of 99%
- 24/7 Live chat and email support
- Dozens of site tool add-ons
- Free site builders and apps like WordPress, Joomla & Drupal
- Unmetered bandwidth and storage
- Free domain service for 1 year
- Free SSL certification
- Cloudflare integration (speedup your website)
- With Bluehost, user gets a guaranteed & competitive uptime of 99.98%
- Setting up a WordPress site through Bluehost is one of the easiest ways you could find all over the internet
- Bluehost offers a variety of pricing plans which means we can have many affordable options to choose from
- Bluehost even includes an access to the Content Delivery Network (CDN) which helps in the large and heavy files allocation smoothly
- SiteLock is a striking feature of Bluehost. It helps protect not just the website but your business. Malware attacks seems common now with hackers using SQL injections or cross-site scripting to steal your customer data and ruin your business reputation. Trust me, SiteLock works like magic!
- CodeGuard provides you the ease for daily backups in Bluehost
- Bluehost has the lowest effective rate among all its competitors as it provides access to several pro tools in basic plan configuration
bluehost plans & pricing
Bluehost offers a wide range of Plans and Pricing freedom to choose from. In my experience, it offers great value of money with 9.5 out of 10. Broadly speaking, the hosting plans are categorized in 3 broad categories and subsequent 3-4 sub-categories each. Let us see in brief what these plans have to offer.
When browsing through all the different hosting options & plans available, you will find all the necessary information you need to make the right decision for you.
bluehost shared web hosting
bluehost next-gen vps hosting
bluehost dedicated hosting
pros & cons
our verdict on bluehost
Looking further into sub-categories, Bluehost ranks #2 for customer service satisfaction (dicey for many but the thing is that every other hosting provider aims to furnish their customer support with all their heart; so, no hard feelings on that one).
It ranks #1 for uptime it provides.
It also stands #1 in case of value for money being the best hosting provider to run a WordPress site with.
If some of the seamless features are your top priority, then you may consider other options like SiteGround (although a bit higher on pricing) rather than Bluehost. However, whether you are looking to build a 1-page website or multi-website empire, Bluehost would prove to be the fastest & reliable choice for you.
Although choosing a hosting platform depends entirely on your site goals, but the features and tools access like daily backup & varied backend customization options makes Bluehost a rock-solid option for people of different tech levels and comfort.